Old 07-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Justin

Default Sorry all, it's me again with another fert question...

hi all,

In my last post re this I asked if I could use Sulphate of ammonia as my
Nitrogen source and thankfull I didn't as George advised that it will give
me algae problems... I have investigated my Nitrogen supply further and
found a couple of options that I hope I could get advise on...

I have two choices either Potassium Nitrate (as recommended for PMDD) or
Calcium Nitrate which is what I would prefer to use... I have a problem
with my tank not having enough calcium and it shows in my Rotala so I would
like to use this if I could... The only problem is it is 14.5% Nitrate 19%
Calcium and 1% Ammonium Nitrate... I realise that the ammonium is bad as
per Georges response to my last post, but as I will only be adding about 1
teaspoon to my PMDD mix, I was assuming that the filter could manage to
break down the small amount that would be added by my daily addition of
PMDD...

What does everyone think?

thanks in advance.

Justin.