Old 07-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Scott Roberts

--- Tekmanx wrote:

Anyone here tried to grow a trident maple in zone
10? I'm In South
Florida/Bahamas and there are soo many Bonsai plants
that I would like
to grow that supposedly do not grow in my region. I
mean of course
there are trees that grow only in cold regions...but
can I bend the
rules and get something to grow in my region that's
not exactly suppose
to?

I've tried once, but the conditions here are to arid.
Lost the tree quite quickly. Starting with fried
leaves, then the trunk started turning black from the
apex down. Although, you might have better luck in
a more humid locale. I now have to keep mostly desert
trees....(yawn).

Scott R
Phoenix - zone 10-million

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

http://mail.yahoo.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++