Old 07-09-2005, 09:27 PM
John

"dt" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:

Kathleen wrote:

I will definitely research this if I do it, because I want to grow old
here
and I don't want to be 80 years old and out there pulling up suckers (or
whatever the proper gardening term is, lol)!

You can enjoy bamboo and protect your property (and your neighbors') by
putting a bamboo barrier around the bed where you want it. You need to
dig a trench 2 feet deep and either fill it up with concrete or use a
heavy plastic liner.

My girlfriend had bamboo on the back of her lot, with roofing tin buried
2' deep as a barrier. The bamboo sent roots UNDER the tin. If you really
want to contain it, the container better have a bottom. Even drainage
holes would make me nervous.

DT

http://www.thehungersite.com/

The instructions I have read tell you to tip the tin outwards away from the
plantings, so the rogue roots will travel up and over the top so you can cut
them off. Tilted toward the plantings and it will naturally go
downward...Seems to be a lot of work though, to dig that deep. place the
barrier etc..

John