Old 08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
VX

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:35:27 +0100, Nick Maclaren wrote
(in message ):

It might be a good alternative, if you regard a lawn as something
to look at, and JUST possibly allow the occasional visitor to walk
on barefoot. There is nothing that is less hassle than grass for
a lawn if you every have anyone walking on it in shoes.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I have to ask- what happens if I occasionally walk on it? I would normally
walk on this hypothetical lawn once or twice a week, wearing some sort of
footwear, to do some watering and dead-heading of what is around it. And of
course to do other gardening around it. Maybe I could manage all that by
having stepping stones around (within) the circumference and down the
centre....

I'm thinking it HAS to be better than a grass lawn simply because the
existing very badly neglected and 30% bald grass lawn hasn't b een mown by
me at all since I moved here in March- my physical limitations make mowing
pretty much off-limits and so it just hasn't been done. I can't get others to
mow it because when I can get help there is always other stuff that is more
important. So a non-mow juniper or chamomile (?) lawn is still looking like a
better alternative to the awful neglected exciuse for a that lawn I currently
have.

Any ideas for other non-grass lawns that might work better?

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)