Old 08-09-2005, 10:28 PM
ned

"VX" wrote in message
s.com...
The Bakker catalogue describes prostrate juniper, Juniperus

Horizontalis
Wiltonii, as "the perfect alternative to a lawn. This spreading

conifer is
evergreen and has very dense growth". £27.95 for a pack of 6 plants

with
diameter 15-20 cm.

I'm a bit sceptical but actually this could be a good option for me.

I don't
want a grass lawn that needs mowing, and it would not get a lot of

wear- just
the ocsasional human pottering around and occasional visitors. My

garden is
very small and the lawn area would be about twelve feet by seven. If

this
isn't a terrible disaster it might just work well. But I have never

heard of
anyone using this plant for a lawn and it seems sensible to ask if

anyone
else has.

Any ideas or info about this one?

Does it *have* to be lawn?
For an area 12' x 7', is gravel on a weed suppressing membrane out of
the question?
It could be green gravel. :-))

--
ned