Old 28-12-2002, 03:37 PM
sacha

Default Jacarandas

in article , Warwick Michael
Dumas at
wrote on 28/12/02 3:59 am:

Hi

Apologies if this is the nth time this appears, my computer is getting
in a right state.

I'm sowing Jacaranda Mimosifolia ("the tree/shrub most enjoyed on
mediterranean holidays") which gets to 3-10 feet. I'd like to know if
anyone else has grown this and especially, how fast it grows.

This is because I don't yet have a greenhouse which can deal with 10
foot TREES however much enjoyed or not, and I'm not likely to afford
the garden to go with that kind of thing for a good long while yet!

Any advice appreciated.

Don't want to be a party-pooper but we think it's very unlikely you'll get a
Jacaranda to flower outdoors in our UK climate, unless you're in a very
hotspot, with long summer days and a lot of shelter! We have one that
*does* flower in the largest of the nursery glasshouses and that's now about
10' but Ray is very doubtful it would flower even here in S. Devon, except
under glass.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk