Old 10-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Tiziano

Dimitrios Kalderis wrote:
Hi Tekmanx,

I live in Greece, (zone 10), and I have a 8 inch
Trident Maple (a few months old - grown from seed)
which is doing fine.
I keep it out of the strong morning sun, water it as
needed and it looks very healthy so far.
I am sure you can do at least as well with this
species, because as far as I know, humidity in Florida
is considerably higher than here in Greece and this
will help you.

for your info
exists a variety of trident maple that is called
Crete trident maple Acer sempervirens
http://lesvisites.free.fr/140voyages...04-261_JPG.jpg
http://images.google.it/images?svnum...ens&btnG=Cerca
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jardin-sec/i...mpervirens.jpg
is in Turkey too
Crete is not a cold place at all
The maple is a very strong one
I have one from seedlings we have 2 plants in
Geneva switzerland zone 7
is just like trident maple but leaves are
thicker like bay leaves and normally it is
partially an evergreen, it means that loose a part
of leaves during winther time but not all of them

THEO
POST TENEBRAS LUX

Think like an Alien might think

http://groups.google.it/group/free.it.arte.bonsai