Old 10-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Kev Bailey

I think Acer sempervirens may be the seeds you sent me Theo, as the
description fits. Three are flourishing and have overwintered outdoors in
the UK (Zone 9). They are fast growing and show great promise.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
N Wales, UK, Zone 9

for your info
exists a variety of trident maple that is called
Crete trident maple Acer sempervirens
http://lesvisites.free.fr/140voyages...04-261_JPG.jpg
http://images.google.it/images?svnum...ens&btnG=Cerca
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jardin-sec/i...mpervirens.jpg
is in Turkey too
Crete is not a cold place at all
The maple is a very strong one
I have one from seedlings we have 2 plants in
Geneva switzerland zone 7
is just like trident maple but leaves are
thicker like bay leaves and normally it is
partially an evergreen, it means that loose a part
of leaves during winther time but not all of them

THEO

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++