Old 29-12-2002, 01:34 AM
Scott L. Hadley

Default Looking good for the time of year!

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

Jim W wrote in message
1fnvhwv.7dglsu1gkn4hsN%00senetnospam@macunlimited .net...
Well I was out picking Buddlia (x weyeranni) yesterday, the bulbs are
coming up in the 3 year old window troughs amongst the primulas, and
despite the rain the dry bits are quite nice..

I guess we can look forward to the 'cold' weather between now and March
as ususal!-)

Just seen that the first snowdrops are showing colour, the first time
I've had Snowdrops and lobelia at the same time! Still have a climbing
rose full of flower.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk
In Lincolnshire (north)

Is this not awfully early for a sign of spring, even for England? And your
rose and lobelia a leftover of fall? The two extremes could never meet in
passing where I live. I remember being amazed years ago when reading books
by English garden writers about your snowdrops appearing sometime in
January. (Mine come in late March, Maine, US)
Well, this is the kind of thing I always love to read from your part of the
world, esp on this newsgroup.