Old 10-09-2005, 11:55 PM
paghat

In article , Kay Lancaster
wrote:

On 10 Sep 2005 08:28:49 -0700, RosietheRiviter wrote:
Could someone please tell me what the word rugosa means with plant
names? Often I buy plants and they have this word but I never know what

Wrinkled, often referring to leaf texturing.

Rug as in carpet. Osa, the name of an important Prince of Hell according
to The Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, but also a word meaning Bear. Hence
rugosa means "demonic bear rug." When it needs ironing, it's the Wrinkled
Demonic Bear Rug.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he