Old 29-12-2002, 01:51 PM
TheGardener

Default Looking good for the time of year!

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fnvhwv.7dglsu1gkn4hsN%00senetnospam@macunlim ited.net...
Well I was out picking Buddlia (x weyeranni) yesterday, the bulbs are
coming up in the 3 year old window troughs amongst the primulas, and
despite the rain the dry bits are quite nice..

I guess we can look forward to the 'cold' weather between now and March
as ususal!-)

Have fun folks..

//
Jim
North London, England, UK

Looking out onto a rain-soaked garden, there is still loads of interest in
the garden:

Carex 'Sparkler'
Clematis cirrhosa 'Wisley Cream'
Cyclamen coum
Eccremocarpus scaber
Eleagnus pungens 'Maculata'
Fatsia japonica
Fatshedera lizei
Garrya elliptica
Hamamelis mollis
Hedera species
Helleborus orientalis
Hydrangea arborescens 'Annabelle'
Liriope muscari
Mahonia japonica
Miscanthus in variety
Pittosporum tobira variegata
Rheineckia carnea
Saxifraga fortunei 'Black Ruby'
Schizostylis major
Viburnum bodnantense 'Dawn'
Viburnum tinus
Zantedeschia aethiopica

as well as a few Fuchsias in sheltered positions, daffodils pushing through
(different varieties between 1 and 3 inches above ground), bluebells
starting to push through, and Cornus mas and Corylopsis pauciflora ready to
open their buds. I suppose we will pay for all this in January and February
though, if previous years are anything to go by!
--
Chrissie (gardening in Redditch, Worcestershire)
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk