Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "david taylor" contains these words:

Now and then that I make some serious comment that does not appear-I have
assumed that a group moderator/controller has decided it's not worth
publishing.

uk.rec.gardening (urg) is a non-moderated newsgroup on usenet,
completely independent of gardenbanter. Gardenbanter pretends this is
one of its forums, but that is misleading.

You are reading urg through gardenbanter, which is moderated (edited) by
the webmaster and his cronies. That's a bit like standing on the street,
watching TV in Curry's window..some assisatant mayturn it off, or switch
channels.

Wouldn't you rather have your own TV and a remote control, and
choose for yourself what you see on the screen?

The is particularly vexing when you see the large amount of rubbish
that has
been let through in the past month.

I don't see that. I use a proper newsreader, not gardenplonker.

Get a newsreader like the rest of us. Then you can read newsgroups
without having your posts moderated by gardenplonker, and can filter out
any trash for yourself.

Janet.