Old 11-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Registered User

Location: South Coast UK
Default Am I doing this wrong?

Hi all (newbie here)

I have replied two a few posts but see that a couple have asked the questions again, are my replies not getting through? I can see them here, am I doing something wrong?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Dave
Old 11-09-2005, 09:46 AM
keith ;-\)

--
dave hutton

Hi Dave ,I don't know about your other posts but this one is on view.
Cheers Keith

Old 11-09-2005, 09:59 AM
david taylor

Now and then that I make some serious comment that does not appear-I have
assumed that a group moderator/controller has decided it's not worth
publishing.
The is particularly vexing when you see the large amount of rubbish that has
been let through in the past month.
David T

Old 11-09-2005, 10:48 AM
JennyC

"Space" wrote in message
are you using outlook express?

He's a GardenBanter user...............
Jenny

Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Alan Holmes

"david taylor" wrote in message
Now and then that I make some serious comment that does not appear-I have
assumed that a group moderator/controller has decided it's not worth
publishing.

There is no 'moderator/controller' of this group.

But if you cannot see your replies, I wonder if you are posting to the wrong
place.

Alan

Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Space

What does that mean? i was going to suggest he may be missing his posts
because he refreshing too quickly. Dave - try unsubcribing and
resubcribing. you should then see your posts.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:19 PM

There have been no previous posts to this group from you under the ID
details you are using here. I suspect that there is some reason they
are not going to the group as there is no moderator to the gropup, and
everything that is sent gets onto the group. Which is why we have a lot
of Troll messages.

Mike

Old 11-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Bob Hobden

"dave hutton" wrote ...

Hi all (newbie here)

I have replied two a few posts but see that a couple have asked the
questions again, are my replies not getting through? I can see them
here, am I doing something wrong?

Any advice welcome

Two things Dave, I too had two replies disappear about two weeks ago and I
had to repost, I never did get to the bottom of it.
Secondly I notice you post to this unmoderated Newsgroup through
Gardenbanter and wonder if that is the cause of your problems.
If you use OE then you can access this Newsgroup direct without using
Gardenbanter as a go-between. Go to "Tools" and then "Newsgroups", download
all the Ngs on your ISP (there will be thousands), choose uk.rec.gardening,
click "subscribe" and you will find it added as a file below inbox, outbox,
sent items, etc and each time you click on it it will refresh with all the
new posts.
--
Regards
Bob

Old 11-09-2005, 04:19 PM
JennyC

"Space" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Space" wrote in message
are you using outlook express?

He's a GardenBanter user...............
Jenny

What does that mean? I was going to suggest he may be missing his posts
because he refreshing too quickly. Dave - try unsubcribing and
resubcribing. you should then see your posts.

GardenBanter is a website which shows the postings from here.........It's not a
newsgroup at all.
I've no idea how they show things or whether its monitored......
Jenny

Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "david taylor" contains these words:

Now and then that I make some serious comment that does not appear-I have
assumed that a group moderator/controller has decided it's not worth
publishing.

uk.rec.gardening (urg) is a non-moderated newsgroup on usenet,
completely independent of gardenbanter. Gardenbanter pretends this is
one of its forums, but that is misleading.

You are reading urg through gardenbanter, which is moderated (edited) by
the webmaster and his cronies. That's a bit like standing on the street,
watching TV in Curry's window..some assisatant mayturn it off, or switch
channels.

Wouldn't you rather have your own TV and a remote control, and
choose for yourself what you see on the screen?

The is particularly vexing when you see the large amount of rubbish
that has
been let through in the past month.

I don't see that. I use a proper newsreader, not gardenplonker.

Get a newsreader like the rest of us. Then you can read newsgroups
without having your posts moderated by gardenplonker, and can filter out
any trash for yourself.

Janet.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Registered User

Location: South Coast UK

[QUOTEGet a newsreader like the rest of us. Then you can read newsgroups
without having your posts moderated by gardenplonker, and can filter out
any trash for yourself.

[/quote]

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll try the newsreader idea, didn't realise that there were posts/replies from outside the Gardenbanter website. Dave