Old 29-12-2002, 11:01 PM

Default Jacarandas

Sacha wrote:

I don't know where Warwick lives so this suggestion might not be viable but
I wondered if a Paulownia might answer his purpose for outdoors?

Well it would, but Jacaranda is perfectly happy sitting out of doors
in summer if it is grown for its fine delicate foliage only. I used
them for 'spot' bedding (dreadful term) in the Midlands, sinking their
pots in the ground to give height and a touch of the exotic to a
border. They grew extremely well when placed out of doors in June and
were brought in before the first frosts.

Dave Poole
TORQUAY UK