Old 13-09-2005, 06:52 AM

On 9/12/05 8:38 PM, in article ,
"Dwayne" wrote:

Soil. My blueberries died here and the blackberries werent sweet and had no
flavor. Blueberries require a pH of around 4.5 and we have 6.9 here. I was
told that the only thing that will grow in a pH above about 8.8 is weeds.

I am using the calcium carbonate (marble) for hydroponic pH control.

For your problem, you might want to consider using Gypsite. It is
combination of gypsum and sulfur. You can also try sulfur by itself. Also,
you can use ammonium sulfate or nitrate. That should acidify the soil
quickly. They are combinations of a weak base and strong acid.

Good luck

Bill