Old 30-12-2002, 11:56 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Looking good for the time of year!

Scott L. Hadley wrote in message

Is this not awfully early for a sign of spring, even for England? And

your
rose and lobelia a leftover of fall? The two extremes could never meet

in
passing where I live. I remember being amazed years ago when reading

books
by English garden writers about your snowdrops appearing sometime in
January. (Mine come in late March, Maine, US)
Well, this is the kind of thing I always love to read from your part of

the
world, esp on this newsgroup.

Winter, so far has been very mild and also very wet, temperatures have
been into the 50's regularly, with, as far as I recall, only two or
three mild frosts. We are warned that we may get another frost in the
next few days, but I even have osteospermum in flower today.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk