Old 14-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:29:20 -0700, "do not spam" "do not
wrote:

I have several grapevines in backyard here in Las Vegas. In the last
week or so I have noticed that the leaves on them are are being eating
very voraciously by caterpillars. They are yellow with black bands.
The link below has a photograph of one of them I took today. Any
recommendations on what to stop them with?

http://members.cox.net/jerry-n-vegas/bug.htm

Are you sure you want to stop them? They might be some really
neat butterfly. I don't know enough about caterpillars in your
area to venture a guess at what they are, but you might take one
to your county extension agent and get it identified.

If you're set on stopping them, most any insecticide will do it.
Bt (_ Bacillus thuringiensis_) is a bacteria that kills
caterpillars.
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05556.html

Spinoza sprays, made from _Saccharopolyspora spinosa_ are
effective, too.
http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/mbcn/rev203.html%20

Or, you could just hand pick 'em and drop them a jar of soapy
water, but I'm guessing you wanted something less labor
intensive.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"