Old 14-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Klara

In message , Pam Moore
writes
I have just returned from a week's holiday and found that my allotment
tomatoes have got blight. This is either my 5th or 6th year of losing
some or all of my tomatoes, and I know that the fruit I have now
picked, although looking OK will probably develop blight quite soon. I
use a different patch of soil each year but methinks I sould have a
no-tomato rule next year. I've never had blight on my potatoes, but
usually get them dug before the toms get it. I used bordeaux mixture
one year but it didn't help
and made a horrible mess.
Very sad!

Pam in Bristol

I wonder what else harbours blight? I lost all my tomatoes three years
ago, and haven't grown any (or anything edible, for that matter, due to
others reasons) since, then tried again this year, and they expired
yesterday :-(((

But many of the flowering plants look unhappy too - the whole garden is
so very different from 30 years ago, so much more prone to diseases of
all sorts.
--
Klara, Gatwick basin