Old 14-09-2005, 06:24 PM
billfish billfish is offline
Registered User

Location: Alderney, Channel Islands
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainhome
Hello Everybody.
Has anyone else still got taddies with no legs?
I'm a bit worried about them with autumn coming up and temperatures soon to start dropping.
I would have thought that they should be frogs by now and I was hoping that there isn't something about my pond that's stopping them developing?
Anyone got any ideas.
Thanks
CH

I don't know why your tadpoles are slow to develop but I can tell you that a friend of mine has a similar situation. He built his small concrete pond in the shade of a large laburnum tree, the leaves and seeds of which are toxic. He doesn't keep fish and the plants don't seem to mind the poison, but the tadpoles never seem to grow up. I'm half-tempted to try a glass or two of his pond water to see if it works on the human aging process. (Not really, don't try this at home kids!)