Old 31-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Andy Spragg

Default Magic Lizards

(Warwick Michael Dumas) pushed briefly to
the front of the queue on 31 Dec 2002 11:42:40 -0800, and nailed this
to the shed door:

(subterranean homesick lizard blues)

^ Since I didn't know if they were from underground or not (seems a bit
^ weird, it looked like they were buried about two inches deep in a
^ slope of earth), I hedged my bets by putting some leaves over them.
^ One of them is definitely going to have to be called... Lizzy, the
^ Lizard. Don't know about the other. Does anyone know what to do (And

Call it Eddie. Eddie Lizzard.

^ how the hell am I going to get at the rest of my earth? The idiots
^ that lived here before put it all in a heap just outside the
^ garden(!), and this is where I've found Lizzy the Lizard.) Also, a cat
^ wouldn't eat a lizard, would it?

You should not be digging on New Years Eve anyway. Specially not when
the grounds waterlogged. Get a grip, man - you're supposed to be
R&Ring.

Here's what I would do. Erect a notice declaring that earth-moving
operations will be commencing in 12 weeks time, and giving the lizards
a month and a day to lodge any complaints. In the absence of any
outcry, go to it at a civilised time of year with a clear conscience.

Andy

--
sparge at globalnet point co point uk

"I imagine most people would agree with me
when I say that most people seem to imagine
that most people would agree with them"
Bob Goddard, uk.rec.sheddizen