Old 01-01-2003, 09:04 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Magic Lizards

In message , Warwick
Michael Dumas writes
Kay Easton wrote in message
In article , Warwick
Michael Dumas writes
Guess what, yes, LIZARDS. At least 2 of the fellers. Distinctly
lizardly in form, but only 2.5 to 3 inches long. Grey. Didn't do much.
I think I got them from underground, suddenly there they were on the
bit of earth I dug. One of them may have got hurt but he didn't seem
to say anything so I don't kno

Could they possibly have been newts?

I've had my suspicions. My Mum reckoned they must be. I thought newts
were found around ponds

Not necessarily, newts can travel some distances away from water, as
long as they stay damp. AFAIK they do tend to bury into damp soil over
winter.

Newts have a flat broad tail (forswimming) as opposed to the longer
thinner tail of lizards
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: