Old 15-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Craig Cowing

On Sep 15, 2005, at 10:31 AM, Gary Huff wrote:

snip

. I'm thinking if I put it on the deck then maybe I
can rig some lights underneath which when it got cold I can turn them
on and maybe use different
watts to generate a little heat to protect my trees. Has anyone done
this sort of silly thing and will it
work? Any other insight into how to do a cold frame would be greatly
appreciated, since this is my
first winter with my bonsai outside. The bonsai I have are all shohin
and they are junipers, black pine,
oak, and maples. Thanks for your help!

Gary Huff
Virginia
Zone 7a

I wouldn't think you would need lights for heat in Virginia for the
trees you've described, but someone down there would know better.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++