Old 15-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Alan Walker

I have found resources for the lava rock. Can anyone recommend a
good source for agricultural pumice?

Alan Walker

From: Jim Gremel
Earlier in the thread I wrote:

Boon's mixes are (1) equal parts of akadama, lava rock & pumice
for
conifers, and (2) 2 parts akadama, 1 part lava rock & 1 part
pumice for
deciduous trees. Boon also adds a little each of decomposed
granite and
charcoal. I haven't started to use DG or charcoal, but I probably
will.

Also, Carl Bergstrom, a Boon student (or Student Of Boon, SOB, as
we
sometimes refer to ourselves) had a lengthy thread in the Main
Gallery
on February 9, 2005, titled The Importance of Proper Soil. He
discussed
what his experience was with Boon's soil & showed many images.

Jim, who does as Boon says (well..... mostly)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++