Old 15-09-2005, 09:11 PM
H Ryder

Default petrol mower advice

Our lawn is quite big (say two bits each 40' by 60' plus one bit 20' by
20'). Several gardening friends have told us to get a petrol mower but we
are not sure why. What is the advantage over an electric one? (we have a
long extension lead) Will it be quicker? Should we get a powered one or a
push along one? Also are Mountfield any good (they seemed to be cheaper than
the others) and does size matter? (One other consideration is that I'd like
to be able to use it although hubby woudl do the bulk of the mowing.) TIA
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)