Old 15-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Zinc Potterman

Default Protecting Gooseberries and the environment

This one is really trying my ecological patience.
I can put up with bugs on my food etc, but my gooseberry bushes have been
stripped two years running by pesky little caterpillars. One type is a
sawfly I believe, but another is green all over and quite small (about1-2cm
max)

I have tried squishing them but for every 10 I squash 20 appear the next day
and the plant is overwhelmed. I guess it might kill them.
Any eco friendly suggestions welcome.
Tried companion planting of sage. It grew beautifullybut the caterpillars
don't like it.
Thanks
Zinc
--