Old 16-09-2005, 02:09 PM
blass blass is offline
Registered User

Thanks so much for the replies, K Barrett, Kenny, Ray and the World Traveller!!! I live here in the Philippines, home of our native Vanda Sanderiana. I'm a newbie to orchid growing but I have already invested a lot for my orchidarium. You know what I divided the orchidarium wherein one section gets 50% shade, the other 35%, and next to it is 25% shade. Yes, I must be a perfectionist. I woke up this morning to find out one of my vanda strap has finally showed a spike where the location is under the 35%!!!! Yipee!!

The vanda teretes and semi-teretes keep on blooming non-stop for three months now after they were placed in the orchidarium on the south-facing terrace under the scorching 8-hour tropical sun and several occasions of heavy downpour and surivived 2 typhoons. (just to inform you that my teretes and semi-teretes never bloomed when I gave them only morning sun like 7:00 am to 12 noon; they prefer to be hit by midday sun and late afternoon sun too). I just added cattleyas, dendros, and phals in my collection just a few weeks ago.

I'm gonna post photos of my orchidarium next week. It;s such a joy to grow orchids and now I understand the passion that makes one obsessed their exotic beauty.