Old 16-09-2005, 10:17 AM
meee

Chookie wrote in message
In article ,
Aprill Allen wrote:

I bought 3 citrus trees today, from ALDI for $15ea. I was planning on
planting a row of hedges along a fence line. How far apart should I be
planting them? Close as possible without being detrimental to their

health.

You won't get much of a hedge from citrus unless you are talking about

bush
lemons. Citrus are generally trees, rather than shrubs. Do you want

privacy,
a windbreak or what?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

While we're on a citrus topic...I have a mystery tree in the backyard. It
appears to be citrus like, has fragrant lemony smelling leaves, 2in thorns
at the base of each petiole, and very small light green/yellow flowers. I'm
not sure if they are flowers, as they are so small, but I think so. The
leaves are largeish and shiny, bright green. I had to prune off all the
thorns as they are very hard and dangerous. Does anyone have any clue what
this might be?? thanks