Old 04-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Helleborus

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

In December I sent off for some Hellebores to Farmhouse Nurseries in
LLan......... Well somewhere in Wales.

Just found their website, it's in Llandysul,
http://www.farmyardnurseries.co.uk/

and I'm drooling already.

Will they thrive in a pot or would it be better to plant them in the
garden eventually?

I potted mine for our house move, they have been in pots since July
and half of them are in full flower atm. The others have no flower buds
showing atm. No way of telling if it's the pots, or the disturbance,that
they didn't like. Hellebores like cool roots and mature ones get quite
big, so I shan't keep them in pots much longer.

The website says "expert advice freely given" and an email address,
worth a try :-)

Janet.