Old 17-09-2005, 07:39 PM
shazzbat

Default Squash question - update

Hi all,

Thanks to everybody who responded to my query about the squashes which were
supposed to be butternuts, but clearly weren't. We're happy calling them the
Buttercup/Kabocha type.

Anyway, we went down to the allotment today and brought them home with us.
The plant was showing signs of a touch of frost,which was confirmed by the
adjacent householders, although we've had no frost at home only 2 miles
away. Also we're going to be a bit busy in the next few weeks, so home they
came. There are a couple of pics of them here -

http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/al...photo=33976665

http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/al...photo=33976594

25 in the pics, plus about 5 or 6 small ones left on the plants just in case
they do anything, and a couple given away already. 30+ from 2 plants, not
bad, no?

Steve