Old 18-09-2005, 07:12 AM
meee

Terry Collins wrote in message

meee wrote:

While we're on a citrus topic...I have a mystery tree in the backyard.

Sounds like a bush lemon, well that is what I call it..
Basically, all the root stock of citrus trees sold are bush lemons with
the top being a graft of the desired citrus. Add a few different types
of graft and you have a citrus fruit salad.

They use the bush lemon as it is the best root stock, so either cut it
off and graft something else to it, or cut it out, unless you want to
grow it as a shelter tree for small birds,

Thanks for that! We rent this place, so it's probably not much use doing
anything to it. I was hoping to get some fruit from it though Oh well.