Old 18-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Dwayne

Steve, have you tried any of them? How do they taste?

I'm not suggesting that you did this, but I used seeds once I had saved from
a prior years planting and got some strange results. From then on I have
never planted seeds that may have been cross-pollinated, unless it happened
while the seed company had them.

Dwayne

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Hi all,

Thanks to everybody who responded to my query about the squashes which
were
supposed to be butternuts, but clearly weren't. We're happy calling them
the
Buttercup/Kabocha type.

Anyway, we went down to the allotment today and brought them home with us.
The plant was showing signs of a touch of frost,which was confirmed by the
adjacent householders, although we've had no frost at home only 2 miles
away. Also we're going to be a bit busy in the next few weeks, so home
they
came. There are a couple of pics of them here -

http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/al...photo=33976665

http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/al...photo=33976594

25 in the pics, plus about 5 or 6 small ones left on the plants just in
case
they do anything, and a couple given away already. 30+ from 2 plants, not
bad, no?

Steve