Old 19-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Ian Mercer Ian Mercer is offline
Registered User

I suggest you should not put the turf over the old, it will not remove compaction etc.
Why not dig over rake level and lay new turf.
Best place is www.onlineturf.co.uk
On the home page is a great laying guide,
regards
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty
I have a small area of turf that I need to raise up by 20mm to make it
slightly above the concrete edging stones that surround it, as the
wife keeps hitting the stones with the lawn mower.

The wife also wants new turf.

Would it be feasible just to lay new turf over the old ??? maybe give
the old turf a bit of a scarify. The old turf is not too bad but is a
bit coarse.

Or maybe thinking about it, turf cut the old lawn, and turn the sods
over. Then lay new turf on top. Or maybe apply roundup first before
turning it over.

Any thoughts or ideas on an easy life. I've got the wife cutting
grass, but I think its pushing my luck to get her to lay a new turf.