Old 19-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Max Caviar

Thanks for the responses folks. I'm in Zone 23 so I'm assuming
freezing won't be too much of a problem. But the Red Savina is
unfortunately just getting going at this late date.

Jon Shemitz wrote:
Max Caviar wrote:

an annual which will carry over through more than 1 season?

Growing habaneros (red savina), jalapenos and seranos and am wondering
what to expect.

From personal experience, habaneros and serranos can overwinter and
fruit strongly in subsequent years. (I have a prolific, ten year old
serrano.) No personal experience with jalapenos.

Keep them from freezing or drying out over the winter, then trim
severely at the first sign of new growth in the spring. "Severely" as
in down to the first bud above the root. Old roots are good; old wood
is bad.

--

www.midnightbeach.com