Old 21-09-2005, 11:20 AM
sean mckinney sean mckinney is offline
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainhome
Thanks Sean, (and all other reply-ers)
I didn't realise UK taddies could overwinter (I don't think we get bullfrogs naturally over here in Blighty).Cheers
CH
I didnt think they overwintered either, until mine did it last year, I think it give the ones that over winter as tadpoles a head start next year.
Bullfrogs are another invasive introduced species in the UK and a threat to the native species, they should, IMO, be irradicated if seen and if seen it might be an idea to report the sighting to the likes of defra.