Old 21-09-2005, 01:30 PM
PatC

Hi
I hope they turn out, as I promised a couple of work mates to give them a
cutting.
Mind you only after I used the verbena leaves that I took to work that were
in amongst other garden flowers & the girls went ape 'Oh I love that smell
where did you get it'
We've all been there & done that eh?
Promise,.promises!

Pat

meee wrote in message

PatC wrote in message

Thanks so much
I was worried becuase I only have 5 left (2 went brown & died).
They are hardwood from Lemon verbena bush, I struck them in winter &

they
are in a nice warm spot & I keep them moist.
I was concerned that fertiliser would be too strong, but going out now

give them some fish emulsion.
Thanks for the good wishes as you can guess I'm fairly amateur.
BTW I'm in Sydney.

Good luck!! I learnt by trial and error too...best way to learn!! I just
took a whole heap of cuttings, roses, camellias etc; most of them died,

but
i learnt a lot, and got some from the second lot i took. another tip is to
cover the pot and cutting with glad wrap to seal in all the moisture, and
keep them in the kitchen near a warm stove or something- not too close or
they'll dry out, but just being in a warm room with good light will help;

believe commercial nurseries use warming plates underneath, but that's
probably the closest we can get. i have found that thrive and other
commercial fertilizers easily burn emerging roots, but you should be fine
with b&b and fish emulsion. Good luck with the verbenas...they'll be
lovely!!