Old 22-09-2005, 03:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 30 May 2003 23:46:20 GMT, Go Fig wrote:

In article ,
Go Fig wrote:

In article ,
"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

I checked Clear Pond's site; they have a product called Chloramine Buster .
. . is that what you're talking about? I'm not familiar with their
product(s), so I'll have to check into it further.

Opps... Its the other one I guess... Pond Clear?,

Yikes, there are just too many "clear" in ponding. The correct name is
Crystal ClearŪ Dechlorinator - Dry, It's made by 'Crystal Clear", the
Winston Co.

I found this page on google.

http://www.backyard-lifestyle.com/de...?c=1&i=WN11200

jay
Fri, May 30, 2003

I'll get the product #
in the am. Does not deal with ammonia, its just that it is small and I
keep them as back-up in the trucks.

jay
Thu, May 29, 2003

I've always used AmQuel and trust it implicitly . . . it's pulled my bacon
outta the fire more than once. I know that ChlorAm-X is the SAME formula,
complete with buffers. I know that it's been tested to 50 X the suggested
doseage rate (and more) with no problem to the fish. There are a lot of
products that will break the chlorine/ammonia bond immediately (like for a
water change), but AmQuel has a residual effect that continues to work, so
if you have a fish overload or your filter is having a problem, this product
continues to protect the fish from ammonia issues.

If the Clear Pond product has the buffers, it's worth a look into! But the
buffers are worth the extra $$ if/when you have a problem (like a utililty
that thinks they need to add 6 times MORE than they say they do!) Right now,
I have water issues AFTER I do a water change, not before!

Lee

"Go Fig" wrote in message

Clear Pond? also sells the dry stuff... it treats 45,000 gal and retails
for about $9.99, I think.

Today I drained and filled a 7K pond with a frick'n 10 x 8 UG, what a
pain... hope all 40 fish are doing well in the am... and the weeks to
come, cause I fried that UG with muni water ;-)

jay
Wed, May 28, 2003