Old 22-09-2005, 03:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:35:52 GMT, "Theo van Daele"
wrote:

Hey Jan,

Yes, it's in contact with the water, and allows for about 3" differences in
levels without showing any liner.

The wood used is tropical hardwood called "Bankirai". It's supposed to
last about 15 to 25 years, even in contact with water. I've left a lot of
info out of the webpage (time...), it kinda "works" so I left it outside on
my drive for 2 months in the rain before using it for the pond.

Even better wood would be Azobe... much harder, but also much more difficult
to "shape".

The color is "natural" but can be treated with special oil if one wants to,
supposedly even that oil isn't really toxic for fish, but don't quote me on
that ;-) Untreated, it becomes a nice kind of grey after a few years,
wich is pretty nice also. The wood itself if guaranteed non-toxic for fish.

Total cost for the wood (and the 60 cm poles it is attached to) was about
250 USD, so not silly money really.

Thanks for the kind comments,

Theo

"~ jan JJsPond.us" schreef in bericht
.. .
Kewl or what? (Theo exclaims on website).

EXTREMELY KEWL!!!! I love how you replaced the rocks! Do you actually have
the hard wood in contact with the water? What type of wood, and it looks
like you stained it? What did you use that isn't toxic?
~ jan -- seriously impressed.

I composed a new page which describes the little bits of work (ahum) I

did
this year to get the pond ready for winter.
Enjoy : http://www.wide-o.net/heating/

Theo

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~