Old 23-09-2005, 12:35 AM
restrorob restrorob is offline
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5tp
Restorob:

Thank you for the kind offer.

My engine seems to run fine except it seems to bog down when going
uphill with the mower blades engaged or in thick grass mowing areas.
It sounds like it is begging for more fuel or air. I have installed
new air and fuel filters. Basically I need to know where the air/fuel
adjustments are located and the basic settings for each, so I can see
if that is the problem. The engine is not very old and has few hours
on it.
There is only two adjustments on your carb., One is idle and the other is for low speed air mixture. Since your problem is at high speed adjusting the low will not help you. I would suggest checking high speed RPM which should be 3600 with no load but you need a tachometer to do so which your local repair shop should have. If the high speed is ok I would check the governor adjustment. I tried to attach the two pages from the Service Manual that showed pictures and explained how to perform these adjustments but each page was too large it said. If you like I can explain or if you post a Email address and I can send them to you that way, It's your choice.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki