Old 17-08-2005, 04:03 PM
n5tp

Default Kawasaki Engine service manual

I have a John Deere LX277 with a Kawasaki FH500V engine. Can someone
tell me where I can find a basic service amnual on this engine? All I
want is basic tune-up instructions.

Thank you.

Old 17-08-2005, 06:24 PM

oups.com...

http://tinyurl.com/d5qn7

Old 18-08-2005, 03:48 AM
Dan J.S.

"n5tp" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a John Deere LX277 with a Kawasaki FH500V engine. Can someone
tell me where I can find a basic service amnual on this engine? All I
want is basic tune-up instructions.

Thank you.

The John Deere web site has every single manual for all their equipment.
Probably the best web site out there that supports machinery. Go he

http://tinyurl.com/bp5lc

Old 30-08-2005, 02:24 PM
n5tp

Thank you for that info, but John Deere only offers owner's manuals,
which do not contain any information on basic engine tune-up
procedures. They want you to take the machine to one of their dealers
who charge $$$ per hour to do tune-ups.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5tp
I have a John Deere LX277 with a Kawasaki FH500V engine. Can someone
tell me where I can find a basic service amnual on this engine? All I
want is basic tune-up instructions.

Thank you.
There isn't that much to a tune-up on this engine, I know of no on-line service manuals for this engine. If you post the information you are looking for I would be happy to post the answers.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by restrorob
There isn't that much to a tune-up on this engine, I know of no on-line service manuals for this engine. If you post the information you are looking for I would be happy to post the answers.
As you can see by my signature I do have the knowledge and access to supply you with any tune-up information you need.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki
Robin
Onan
Dixie Chopper
Cub Cadet
White Outdoor
Troybuilt
Old 19-09-2005, 12:24 PM
n5tp

Thank you, Restorob. My machine acts like the carb needs adjusting.
It sounds like it is running fine with no load, but with the mower
blades engaged and going uphill (or in heavy grass), the engine bogs
down and acts like it needs more fuel or air. It has new air and fuel
filters installed.

Thanks for any tips you can give me, such as where I look to find these
adjustments.

Old 19-09-2005, 09:31 PM
n5tp

Restorob:

Thank you for the kind offer.

My engine seems to run fine except it seems to bog down when going
uphill with the mower blades engaged or in thick grass mowing areas.
It sounds like it is begging for more fuel or air. I have installed
new air and fuel filters. Basically I need to know where the air/fuel
adjustments are located and the basic settings for each, so I can see
if that is the problem. The engine is not very old and has few hours
on it.

Old 23-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5tp
Restorob:

Thank you for the kind offer.

My engine seems to run fine except it seems to bog down when going
uphill with the mower blades engaged or in thick grass mowing areas.
It sounds like it is begging for more fuel or air. I have installed
new air and fuel filters. Basically I need to know where the air/fuel
adjustments are located and the basic settings for each, so I can see
if that is the problem. The engine is not very old and has few hours
on it.
There is only two adjustments on your carb., One is idle and the other is for low speed air mixture. Since your problem is at high speed adjusting the low will not help you. I would suggest checking high speed RPM which should be 3600 with no load but you need a tachometer to do so which your local repair shop should have. If the high speed is ok I would check the governor adjustment. I tried to attach the two pages from the Service Manual that showed pictures and explained how to perform these adjustments but each page was too large it said. If you like I can explain or if you post a Email address and I can send them to you that way, It's your choice.
__________________
Old 26-09-2005, 07:41 PM
n5tp

Thank you again, restrorob. Please send further info on the governor
adjustments to me at this address:

Regards,
TP

Old 27-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5tp
Thank you again, restrorob. Please send further info on the governor
adjustments to me at this address:

Regards,
TP
Ok, They should be in your mailbox