Old 24-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Sue Begg

Can anyone tell me which variety of hydrangea has bright red colour during
the winter. The ordinary pink ones seem to go a wishy washy brown colour.
TIA
Diane

Hydrangeas are deciduous, they drop their leaves in winter. The flower
heads also die, but usually remain as brown dead heads over winter,
which is what you are describing. AFAIK there aren't any that retain a
coloured flower head.

I know what Diane means but I'm afraid I don't know the variety. I have
seen them overwintering with the dried flower head still in place but
coloured a deep maroon rather than the dirty brown of the usual sorts.
--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply