Old 12-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Alan Gould

Default Lemon Thyme Quest

In article , Paul
England writes
Hallo, it's that time of the year again, when you look into the seed
catalogues and ask 'why are they so expensive.'
However, I have located all my flower, veg and herb seeds, with the
exception of lemon thyme.
Does anyone know who's selling 'em. They are not in Fothergills, Marshall's
or Chiltern's - unless I'm looking in the wrong place !
Regards ......... Paul

There are several varieties of Lemon Thyme listed under the generic name
Thymus x citriodorous of which T.c.Aureus seems to be the best known.
The only example I've been able to trace in seed catalogues is Thymus x
citriodorous fragrantissimus which is listed as Orange Thyme by Halcyon
Seeds - e-mail: for free catalogue.

Plantfinder CD 2000/2001 lists the following suppliers of Lemon Thyme:

Thymus x citriodorus ‘Golden Lemon’ (v)

L W Plants, 23 Wroxham Way, Harpenden, Hertfordshire. Tel. (01582)
768467

Poyntzfield Herb Nursery, Nr Balblair, Black Isle, Dingwall, Ross &
Cromarty, Highland, Scotland.

Arne Herbs, Limeburn Nurseries, Limeburn Hill, Chew Magna, Avon. Tel.
(01275) 333399

Jekka's Herb Farm, Rose Cottage, Shellards Lane, Alveston, Bristol,
Avon. Tel. (01454) 418878
Wye Valley Plants, The Nurtons, Tintern, Chepstow, Gwent, Wales. Tel.
(01291) 689253
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.