Old 25-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Chris

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
Zen Cohen wrote:
Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live
oak and shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at
em. Thanks.

Rattling mobiles? Wind chimes?
My mother taught her starling and magpie population to leave the

birdfeeders
in front of her house alone by shooting at them with a pellet gun. Took
awhile, but they stopped coming around. (At least when she's home,
anyway.)

You could get an airsoft gun and shoot at them. The guns fire harmless
little plastic bbs that certainly won't kill anything but they'll get your
attention. And the gas powered ones are a real hoot - they behave just like
a real gun (with kick-back and all). The spring powered guns you have to
reset each time, which is not near as much fun. I use mine to scare off
armadillos and deer. I don't know if they remember being shot at but they
sure are fun to shoot.

I buy my ammo and things he www.airsoftpaintballs.com

cheers,
Chris