Old 20-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Zen Cohen

Default Birdshit problem

Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live oak and
shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at em. Thanks.

Old 20-09-2005, 08:46 PM

fake plastic owl

Old 20-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Celeste Evans

In article , Zen Cohen
wrote:

Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live oak and
shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at em. Thanks.

If they are roosting in the tree at night go out as they they settle in
for the night and blast them for several whiles with the hose. You will
have to repeat this every night for a week or so but they do learn. If
they start coming back, repeat. During the day, no idea, escept maybe
one of those portable car port thingys that look like tents. Of course
that would work for the night time too. The hose method worked for me
with doves when they would roost for the night in the elm tree that
used to be next to the driveway. Good luck.

Cea
Old 20-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Try a sling shot with BBs.

Ray
===

Old 20-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Treedweller

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:46:47 GMT, "s" wrote:

fake plastic owl

"Zen Cohen" wrote in message
.. .
Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live oak
and shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at em.
Thanks.

does that work better than a real plastic owl?

Old 21-09-2005, 04:50 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Zen Cohen" wrote:

Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live oak and
shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at em. Thanks.

Owl decoys.
--
Om.

Old 25-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Cindy

Zen Cohen wrote:
Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live
oak and shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at
em. Thanks.

Rattling mobiles? Wind chimes?
My mother taught her starling and magpie population to leave the birdfeeders
in front of her house alone by shooting at them with a pellet gun. Took
awhile, but they stopped coming around. (At least when she's home,
anyway.)

Old 25-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Chris

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
Zen Cohen wrote:
Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live
oak and shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at
em. Thanks.

Rattling mobiles? Wind chimes?
My mother taught her starling and magpie population to leave the

birdfeeders
in front of her house alone by shooting at them with a pellet gun. Took
awhile, but they stopped coming around. (At least when she's home,
anyway.)

You could get an airsoft gun and shoot at them. The guns fire harmless
little plastic bbs that certainly won't kill anything but they'll get your
attention. And the gas powered ones are a real hoot - they behave just like
a real gun (with kick-back and all). The spring powered guns you have to
reset each time, which is not near as much fun. I use mine to scare off
armadillos and deer. I don't know if they remember being shot at but they
sure are fun to shoot.

I buy my ammo and things he www.airsoftpaintballs.com

cheers,
Chris