Old 26-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Rob

Default A little bragging

Ok, even I can brag once in a while. This weekend I got three fluffy
ribbons and a best in show on two plants. My Phrag. Sorcerers
Apprentice took best Phrag. But, the cool plant is Encyclia diota v.
atrorubens (a lot of taxonomic confusion on that name...). It got best
cattleya alliance, best specimen plant, best in show, and an 84pt CCM,
all once! Schweeeeet! I wasn't expecting even one ribbon on that
plant, I've had it for years and I've grown used to it. I didn't even
clean the leaves... *grin*

The diota had several spikes and a whole lot of flowers. For some
reason I didn't get my copy of the award description, and I'm not
counting them. One of the judges on the team said that it not only had
more flowers, but the flowers were bigger and better formed than
previous awards. Not sure why they didn't consider it for a quality
award, too (I'd really rather have an AM than a CCM). Flowers are a
dark purple/red with a magenta lip. Quite striking.

Yay me! OK, I've gotten that out of my system now...

Rob
--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1