Old 26-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Bacchae

Bacchae wrote:
There is a little bit of green down at the base of the plant, similar to
where a Phal would spike from. Any chance this is a long-awaited flower
spike coming?

"Rob" replied...

Nope... That is a new growth starting. That is a good thing, but not a
spike. Phrags (and paphs) spike from the center of the fan of leaves.

Patience... You might see a flower spike starting now that is getting a
bit cooler.

Nothing wrong with new growth! I am in Canada so it will indeed get a bit
cooler. I have them near the same window that I have my Cyms (that flower
regularly), Miltonidium (about 4 days from flowering), a gorgeous little
"Walmart special" Phal (too lazy to go down and check the tag but I think I
got it on the day they came in and its a beauty) and even a Cattleya. I
know they have different cultures but I only have two good windows so they
have to deal.

I'll definitely take new growth though! Thanks!

- Sandy