Old 26-09-2005, 05:32 PM
San Diego Joe

"insanity101x2" wrote:

Gday
Decided to get back into my pond a bit, which over the past 2 or so
years has only been housing Australian rainbow fish.. have added 4
goldfish to the mix, and I have heard of/seen people adding certain
peaceful cichlid species (such as electric yellows) in ponds with
goldfish.. is it a good idea or is it just asking for trouble?

thanks
alan meade

I had a couple of Oscars in my pond. They did very well and weren't
aggressive even to each other. They did have a lot of room though. The big
issue is that where I live, my water gets down to 50 in the winter and so
each fall I had to catch them (easy the first time, after that they get
smarter) and put them in a tank.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.