Old 27-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Charles

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:53:18 +0200, CV wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 Eucalyptus trees which I would like to plant. One is 10cm
(Pauciflora), the other is 70 cm (I know, rather tall allready,
Perriniana). Are there any things I should take care off while planting
those? We have rather fertile loam soil.
I'm also thinking of making a fence of plastic arround them to protect
them from cold wind when frost kicks in. I live in Belgium.

kind regards

Chris

Watch out for root-bound plants. Eucalyptus got a bad name in
California for a while when people planted them from containers where
they had become root-bound. They never developed strong roots and
fell down a lot.