Old 27-09-2005, 06:52 PM
~patches~

Jim Thomas wrote:

Nartker wrote:

I have lots of tomatoes, set and on the vine. However the night time
temperatures are now in the mid 50's and are often in the 40's. Nothing
has happened in 2 weeks.

Any solutions? The nights are getting colder and the days are shorter and
harvest prospects are diminishing.

Thanks

If the other ideas on this newsgroup don't help, try fried green
tomatoes (lots of recipes on the net). Fried in a litle olive or canola
oil (healthy), they're great!.

Jim Thomas

I sympathize with the OP. I have lots of green tomatoes that arn't
co-operating because of the cooler night temps. I normally pick any
green ones before first frost and let them ripen indoors and in the
greenhouse when I run out of space. Salsa verde isn't bad if you need
something else to make with them. I haven't tried fried green tomatoes
yet but might this year. I planted 31 tomato plants with a few extras
in the greenhouse. I may need to figure out how to use up the extras