Old 28-09-2005, 09:06 AM
CV

CV wrote:

A plant that has been in the pot too long gets its roots wound around
and won't grow out properlt.

Here's a pictu
http://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/woody/planting/manyroots.htm

eucalyptus are especially prone to this as they are a fast growing
tree. When the roots con't spread properly after they are planted
they are prone to blowing down in a wind.

Ah oke. I planted mine yesterday and I didn't notice a pattern like
this. The soil was pretty loose arround the roots when I took it out of
the pot. I even didn't see any roots. So, I may presume they are oke?

Thx for the replies

I bought them over the Internet and I think (I'm not sure) the guy kept
them in his garden and transplanted them in the pot. This guy is one of
few Eucalyptus breeders in my "area" (they come from the Netherlands) as
far as I know. They where maximum 2 days in the pots (for transport) and
they where packed very well. If it turns out that these trees are doomed
to die. I will try again in spring to breed them from seeds.

Kind regards

Chris