Old 28-09-2005, 04:14 PM
wkearney99

Can one get zoysia seed over the net? I'm in NJ and there is none at the
home centers here. I have a zoysia front lawn and need to fill in some
areas.

Zoysia doesn't usually grow well from seed. You're usually better of using
plugs or sod to establish a zoysia lawn. When I took out set of 12" pavers
a former owner installed for a path I used plugs pulled from other parts of
my lawn to fill the gaps. By the end of the season the turf had filled the
gaps in both the new and pulled plug holes.

Just be sure you've got enough sun for it. It really does better with at
least a few hours of direct sun during the day. If it's pmore than artially
shaded then it might not be the best turf to use. I've got a main lawn
that's all zoysia and it looks great. But the area adjacent to the curb has
too much shade so I've got a fescue there instead.